I appreciate your response. Certainly he was odorous, but was this a real
accomplishment in the middle ages? I think there is a difference between the
odor of piety (some would call this piosity)--a very real odor which I have
smelled many times--and odorless sanctity.  The problem is there were no
instruments to measure this in the middle ages and we are dependent upon the
noses and descriptions of middle evilians, mostly hagiographers, who did not
always distinguish between piety and sanctity. I realize I am not
documenting--being a stickler on documentation--but according to one late
medieval source the reason the Muslims lost Spain to the Christians was that
the   Muslims bathed regularly where as the Christians were more pious.

V. K. Inman

There is another list I am on, on which everything I have said would be taken as
academic proliferation and challenged with recommendations like--read the
Wikipedia article by Jedd Klampet on this subject. Right Rochelle, Bob?