Apologies for cross posting.

The NoWAL (North West Academic Libraries) General Programme for February - June 2008 is
now available at http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php

The NoWAL programme of staff training and development offers extensive opportunities for
professional and personal development.  The main aim of the programme is to support and
develop the abilities required of library and related staff to deliver existing and future
services to users.

The programme includes the following new courses.

08/04/2008
Facilitation skills
University of Liverpool
Deborah Dalley

02/05/2008
Web 2.0 for libraries
University of Salford
Karen Blakeman

13/05/2008
Writing minutes
University of Cumbria
Lawraine Wood

16/05/2008
Applying a project management approach to your work
Manchester Metropolitan University
Max Rawlings

21/05/2008
Inspiring motivation in the workplace
Liverpool John Moores University
Rachel Beckett

In addition to the above events the programme includes many of the courses traditionally
associated with NoWAL such as Time management & overcoming procrastination, Customer
service skills and Think yourself happy: happiness, inspiration and motivation.

Comments from previous participants on NoWAL courses.

"Really enjoyed this course. Left feeling motivated and inspired to “do something
useful” with my life. Almost a life changing course!!! Highly recommended!"
Think yourself happy: happiness, inspiration and motivation

"The course was fantastic; interesting and informative and yet sufficiently informal to
allow us to all work together comfortably to achieve objectives."
Enquiry Desk Skills

"Great course. Lots of helpful, practical tips and ideas that I will be able to put into
practice in my day-to-day work."
Time management & overcoming procrastination

To see the full programme go to http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php

Booking information is available at
http://www.nowal.ac.uk/training_and_development.php?page_id=3

See individual course details for prices.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Gil Young
NoWAL Support Officer

NoWAL: Widening access to library resources and improving learning and information
support services through innovation, influence and partnership.

Minshull House
47-49 Chorlton Street
Manchester
M1 3FY

0161 247 6021

"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester
Metropolitan University's email disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "