Many thanks to all those who have responded to my request for suggestions for what might be considered map 'graphic classics'.

There have been some very useful suggestions, pointing me in directions I hadn't previously considered, so I shall continue to do some investigation.  It's interesting to note just how varied are the forms of cartography being suggested, which I think is all to the good.  Some of the modern forms of mapping, including Google Earth and Danny Dorling's cartograms look like becoming classics, hence they're certainly worthy of consideration.

If you have any more suggestions, I'd still be very happy to receive them.

Again thanks.

Giles Darkes

Messenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!