Hi Andy

I am happy to give the figures as all JISC data is openly available and subject to FOI anyway.

For the Classic Athens contract (JISC Eduserv Shedule 3), JISC has paid the following:

2004 / 05  £619225
2005 / 06  £627450
2006 / 07  £646250
2007 / 08  £658000

In addition, for the Federation Gateways Service (JISC Eduserv Scehdule 5), JISC has paid the following:

2005 / 06  £227000
2006 / 07  £146000
2007 / 08  £148000

JISC made Eduserv an offer for the Federation Gateway Services alone that was very close to the costs paid for the Gateways for 2007 / 08.  All other details would probably be considered commercial in confidence so I would have to take advice from our FOI officer.  I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Nicole

Andy Swiffin wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Hi

In order to gain an understanding of what is going on here, can I ask a
question about how Athens has been funded until now?  Was the amount
paid by JISC previously for Athens similar to the amount that JISC were
offering Eduserv for the Shib Athens gateway or nearer to the amount
that Eduserv are now asking from JISC?

I note with interest that from a quick perusal of the JISC banding list
that if all 168 (or so) HE institutions were to subscribe to OpenAthens
at the initially advertised rate that would give Eduserv an income of
some £928000.  If the D, E and F bands of FE institutions were also to
join that would make it up to 300 institutions to qualify for the 30%
discount for us all but would still give an income of £1.1 Million.

Regards
Andy Swiffin

--
Nicole Harris
Senior Services Transition Manager

Tel: 02030066035
Mob: 07734058308

Anything in this message which does not clearly relate to the official
work of the sender's organisation shall be understood as neither given
nor endorsed by that organisation.