Dear list,

Can someone clarify who is actually not willing to negotiate...? The
press releases from both sides say that the other is to blame - see
below.

The JISC statement says:

Eduserv had asked JISC for a non-negotiable price for the provision of
the Gateway Services significantly above what the JISC Board believed
could be justified as a balanced or fair expenditure within the JISC
services budget and as a value for money option for the education
community as a whole.

The Eduserv statement says:

"The non-negotiable offer we received from the JISC did not approach the
projected full economic cost of the service in 2008/2009 or provide a
sustainable basis for the future. "

Am I the only one that feels like they are witnessing a school
playground argument?

AL

Mr. Alexander Roberts

Web Development Officer