ITALIAN THEATRE SEASON

At Riverside Studios till June 08

A season celebrating contemporary Italian theatre brings exclusive one-off performances by contemporary Italian playwrights to London. If you would like to receive emails about other shows of the season please email [log in to unmask]

Monday 21 January @ 8pm

Riverside Studios, Crisp Road, Hammersmith W6 9RL

World Premiere

What about a dinner with...Giuseppe Patroni Griffi

a movie and live performance by Leopolodo Mastelloni,

with Leopoldo Mastelloni, Sara Ricci, Lara Sansone

Tickets £15 (£10)

Box Office 020 8237 1111

This journey through the theatre of Giuseppe Patroni Griffi is a moving homage to a recently deceased beacon of Italian theatre by his muse, the actor Leopoldo Mastelloni. An oneiric voyage through literature, dramaturgy, poetry, theatricality and the artistic uniqueness of an ingenious Italian artist that knew no bounds. Griffi in the expression of his art went beyond the mere representation of contemporary life. A homage to a teacher and companion in adventure and artistic representation.

My artistic life is not only tied to the past but to Giusseppe Patroni Griffi himself, the genius comic playwright, novelist, theatrical director of prose and of lyrical theater after the war. We are linked as companions at school in Naples, as pillars in the world of art and in our society. Other companions are the President Giorgio Napolitano, the director Francesco Rosi, the writer Raffaele La Capria, the journalist Massimo Barenson, and journalist/writer Antonio Girelli.

My friendship with Griffi started as a “dislike”, but in the end we were friends for over thirty years until his departure on his trip to heaven ... It was a friendship like that of two mischievous brothers ready for every experiment of life and of art, not ever stopping to contemplate ... two personalities - precise and independent, with a shared sense for living in the scene, the writing, and life itself ...
Leopoldo Mastelloni

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html