italian-studies: Scholarly discussions in any field of Italian studies [This message has been kindly approved by George Ferzoco, and, given the specific nature of the request, hopes not to irritate subscribers too much!]

Dear List,

I am a postgraduate student (submitting my doctoral thesis in March) currently based in Cambridge.  Between July and October (after which I will return to Cambridge to take up a research post) I would very much like to spend some time in Italy.  Because funds are rather diminishing, and I would prefer not to spend my 'holiday' working full-time, I would love to house-sit or perhaps occupy an empty spare room for a few months over the summer.

Although I will keep this request brief, a few details may be useful: Because I can write from home, location is relatively unimportant - I'm very open to suggestions; I am happy with (and have experience in) looking after all kinds of pets, from dogs to lizards; I would be pleased to forward mail/pay utility bills/look after plants, gardens and pools.  I have done this kind of sitting before, and can provide excellent references. I am also fluent in Italian.

Alternatively, if you have a spare room in your house, and would appreciate a (modest) contribution to your expenses over the summer, I am reliable, personable and enthusiastic.

Whilst I am hoping to spend the whole period July 1st - Sept 30th in Italy, this would not necessarily have to be in the same place.

For a more detailed introduction, please contact me on my personal email: [log in to unmask]

Thanks very much!
Nicola

--
Nicola Jones
Corpus Christi College

Tel. 07793 765417

Please mark posted correspondence FAO Preceptor in Italian. ********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html