IGRS Coffin Reading - Laura Freixas

'Does writing put you beyond gender?'

6 pm. Tuesday 26 February, 2008

Room 274/275, Floor 2, Stewart House, WC1

(Apologies for any cross-posting and please disseminate widely)

I am delighted to be able to announce that Spanish author Laura Freixas will give a Coffin reading at the Institute of Germanic and Romance Studies on February 26, 2008.

El Mundo's Pilar Castro has stated that 'Laura Freixas is one of the most important voices in recent Spanish fiction' and this is bound to be a stimulating evening.

Laura will discuss issues of gender in relation to writing and illustrate with readings from her own work, including her most recent writing, touching on relationships with other women in her family and particularly her grandmother. Laura’s readings will be accompanied by translated readings in English.

This event is free and all are welcome but please email me on [log in to unmask] so that we can estimate capacity.

Directions to the Stewart House are on this link http://igrs.sas.ac.uk/contact/findus.html

With best wishes,

Margaret Andrews

The IGRS acknowledges the kind support of the John Coffin Memorial Trust fund.

Dr Margaret Andrews

IGRS

Email [log in to unmask]