Hi Gemma,

One of the things that I am currently starting to implement in Hampshire
is the inclusion of folklore and legendary associations with sites,
which would include some of the more wacky  theories that we in the
profession come across sometimes! I admit that there is a danger of
people accepting these notions as 'truth' because they are included on
an HER, but as long as it is clearly defined as folkloric or a modern
myth (or even as 'alternative interpretation'!) then there is little
danger of misinterpretation, even if it is included in your 'further
information files'. I would argue that this kind of folklore is an
important part of a site's history, at least within a cultural
framework.

Hope this helps(?)

thanks

Alex