Dear German Studies list members,

I am writing as reviews editor of our JOURNAL OF CONTEMPORARY EUROPEAN STUDIES, in search of reviewers for books in the German Studies context.

Of the many books received recently, the following books might be of interest for list members:

•	Diana AUTH and Barbara HOOLAND-CUNZ (Eds.) Grenzen der Bevölkerungspolitik: Strategien und Diskurse demographischer Steuerung (Verlag Barbara Budrich, 2007) pp.199, €18.90, ISBN 978-3-86649-047-5 (pbk)

•	Hans BRAUN, Uta GERHARDT and Everhard HOLTMANN (eds.) Die lange Stunde Null. Gelenkter sozialer Wandel in Westdeutschland nach 1945 (Nomos, 2007) pp.345, €49, ISBN 978-3-8329-2870-4 (pbk)

•	Marion DEMOSSIER (ed.) The European Puzzle. The Political Structuring of Cultural Identities at a Time of Transition, (Berghahn, 2007) pp.220, £16.50, ISBN 978-1-845-45371-8

•	Michele GILLESPIE  and Robert BEACHY (Eds.) Pious Pursuits. German Moravians in the Atlantic World, European Expansion & Global Interaction Volume 7 (Berghahn Books, 2007) pp.267, $90/£50, ISBN 978-1-8454-5339-8 (hbk)

•	Helga HAFTENDORN, Georges-Henri SOUTOU, Stephen F. SZABO and Samuel F WELLS Jr. (EDS) The Strategic Triangle: France, Germany, and the United States in the Shaping of the New Europe (Johns Hopkins University Press, 2007) pp.411, £16.50, ISBN 0-8018-8564-7 (pbk)

•	Manfred HILDERMEIER (ed.) Historical Concepts between Eastern and Western Europe, New German Historical Perspectives Series (Berghahn Books, 2007) pp. 123, £55.00, ISBN 978-1-84545-273-5 (hbk)

•	Hermann KURTHEN, Antonio V. MENÉNDEZ-ALARCÓN and Stefan IMMERFALL (eds) Safeguarding German-American Relations in the New Century: Understanding and Accepting Mutual Differences (Lexington Books, 2006) pp. 277, £45.00, ISBN 978-0-7391-1599-2 (hbk)

•	Beate MÜLLER, Stasi-Zensur-Machtdiskurse. Publikationsgeschichten und Materialien zu Jurek Beckers Werk (Niemeyer, 2007) pp.424, €62.00, ISBN 978-3-484-35110-3 (pbk)

Our Journal has an extensive reviews section focusing on a wide range of books in an interdisciplinary social science context. Apart from focusing on a particular theme (see below for forthcoming issues), each issue also has non-thematic articles in the context of European Area Studies.

Our aim is to give space to a critical, non-Eurocentric debate about Area Studies theory and practice, and we aim to reflect this in the reviews section.

In their critical reading of books , reviewers should feel free to question the hegemonic order from a variety of different and radical perspectives.

For information about our editorial policy, past and future issues, please visit the web-site for our latest published issue, 15/3/2007 with its special focus on ‘Youth Culture in Europe’:

http://www.informaworld.com/openurl?genre=issue&issn=1478-2804&volume=15&issue=3&uno_jumptype=alert&uno_alerttype=new_issue_alert,email)

Reviews are usually between 700-1000 words. Deadlines for reviews are 1st of April 2008 (for 2/2008) or 1st August 2008 (for 3/2008).

Our forthcoming issues include – as usual – general European studies articles and also focus on the following specific themes:

- The Political Economy of Poverty (1/2008)
- The Balkan and the EU (2/2008)
- Parties of the Far Right (3/2008)

If you are interested in reviewing one of the books on the list, please contact me directly; I'll send the book to you, with our guidelines and some examples of previous reviews.

With many thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing from interested reviewers,

Martha

Martha Wörsching
Department of Politics, International Relations and European Studies
Loughborough University,
LOUGHBOROUGH
LE11 3TU/UK
Tel +00 44 (0)1509 222998
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/eu/

Office Hours:
Dissertations: Tuesday from 10-11 am
General: Thursday from 10-11 am

Reviews Editor of the JOURNAL OF CONTEMPORARY EUROPEAN STUDIES
For further information on this journal, please visit the following website:
http://taylorandfrancis.metapress.com/