Katy,

Have a look at http://www.physics.uoguelph.ca/morph/morph1.html

And for a much more theoretical approach:
http://www.panamorph.com/Technology.html

OR http://web.phys.ksu.edu/icpe/Newsletters/n38/anamorph.htm
"The German student Friedel Ulrich developed a program for anamorphic
images with the raytracing method as a thesis in college at the German
Gymnasium in Pfaffenhofen, Bavaria. The structure of his program is
simple: a camera, a mirror object (cylinder, cone or sphere) and a plane
can be selected and positioned. A digitalized image, e.g. from a digital
camera, can be inserted. The program calculates the anamorphic image.
The file ANAMORPHUENGLISH.ZIP with the program ANAENGL.EXE and a short
help-file can be downloaded from the internet
(URL:http://www.e20.physik.tumuenchen.de/~cucke/ftp/anamorph/ulrich/anam
orphuenglish). With a Pentium 400MHz processor you need several minutes
to calculate the anamorphic picture."

Search Google under 'cylindrical anamorph'

Best wishes,

Jim

Jim Roberts Hon FMA
Webmaster