Im running a DTI analysis on 100 subjects. The first three steps ran well.
I'm getting an error when I try to run the tbss_4_prestats. I searched the
list and it seems like it is a memory problem. But I should not have that as
I'm using a linux computer with 4Xeon CPU's and 16GB of RAM. So memory or
processor requirements should not matter. I am sure someone had a similar
problem. I would really aprreciate if someone could help. The text right
from the time I start tbss_4_prestats is given below:

"creating skeleton mask using threshold 2000
creating skeleton distancemap (for use in projection search)
projecting all FA data onto skeleton
/usr/local/fsl/bin/tbss_4_prestats: line 23: 16427 Aborted
${FSLDIR}/bin/tbss_skeleton -i mean_FA -p $t hresh mean_FA_skeleton_mask_dst
${FSLDIR}/etc/standard/lower-cingulum all_FA all_FA_skeletonised
now run stats - for example:
randomise -i all_FA_skeletonised -o tbss -m mean_FA_skeleton_mask -d
design.mat -t design.con -n 5000 -c 3 -V
(after generating design.mat and design.con)"

the files created in the stats folder are as follows:
all_FA.nii.gz
mean_FA.nii.gz
mean_FA_skeleton_mask.hdr
MNI152.nii.gz