Hi,

On 16 Jan 2008, at 01:43, Yoshiko Yamada wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Thank you for your response! I have further clarification questions
> regarding your reply to my third question.
>
> 1) Do I select the “cluster” option under “Thresholding”? I tried
> both “voxel” and “cluster”, but I get the web report table only when
> I selected “cluster”, so I hope this is right. (By the web report
> table, I mean the table you see in “cluster_zstat1_std.html”. Is
> this right?)

That's right - at present you only get the web table if you select
cluster-thresholding, and the corrected p-values are per cluster.

> 2) By loading the thresh_zstat image onto FSLView, should I be able
> to change the threshold by changing the number number in the Min
> (and Max) window just above the images? It doesn’t let me change
> threshold in FSLView, so I’m assuming that this is not possible.

Yes, that's right - and you'll be changing the Z threshold by changing
the Min intensity value.

> 3) In the Cluster List in the“cluster_zstat1_std.html”, I see Z-MAX.
> Are these z-values directly translatable into p-values? In other
> words, if I see Z-MAX > 2.3, are the corresponding p-values < .01?

Not exactly, Z values (including z-max) refer to voxelwise Z values,
whereas in the cluster table, the p-values refer to whole clusters.

Cheers, Steve.

> Thank you in advance for taking time to reply!
>
> -Yoshiko
>

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 06:23:54 -0000, Stephen Smith <[log in to unmask]
> > wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I have a few basic questions for clarification about FEAT post-
>>> stats.
>>>
>>> 1) At each level of analysis, FEAT gives you tstat.nii.gz and
>>> zstat.nii.gz
>>> in the stat folder. Are
>>> activations you see in these files not corrected for multiple
>>> comparisons?
>>
>> These t and z-statistic images not p-value images are not even
>> thresholded, so no they are not corrected for multiple comparisons!
>>
>>> 2) Do you have to choose either the voxel-wise or cluster-wise
>>> thresholding in the FEAT post-stats
>>> tab to have correction applied?
>>
>> Indeed - that's right.
>>
>>> 3) Does FEAT give you a zstat.nii.gz file which contain stats that
>>> are
>>> unthreholded but corrected for
>>> multiple comparisons that we can load onto FSLView and look at
>>> activations
>>> at different thresholds?
>>
>> yes - you can set the p-value threshold to 1 so that no
>> thresholding is
>> done - then you can look at the "thresh_zstat" images in
>> conjunction with
>> the web report tables to see the (GRF-corrected) p-values.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

>>> Thank you very much in advance for your information!
>>>
>>> -Yoshiko

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)