You probably want to use TBSS to get around registration issues that arise when you compare FA values across different subjects...
You may want to have a look at  the manual: www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/tbss

Saad.

On 18 Jan 2008, at 16:45, Jiansong Xu wrote:

Thanks again. See below.

fslstats can get you pretty far in analyzing your FA values after masking, but I like to bring the image into matlab. What are you looking to do for your FA analysis?

I'm not sure yet.  The basic idea is that we have two groups. One is control, and the other is patients. We define the ROIs, then I will extract the mean FA values in each ROI, and put these values into SPSS for t-test.  Is this idea too naive?

Best

Jiansong

ted