Hi

A) would generally work fine.

The only reason you might not want to use (A) is if you don't have
many blocks per condition
in this case, you can use :
C) Have two EVs - one defines the block timings, and the other is the
weighting EV

If you just have the weighting EV, you cannot tell whether an effect
is really correlated with weighting, or if it is just condition A
itself that causes the effect