Hi,

Your OS installation appears to be broken or, perhaps, isn't CentOS4
compatible. On CentOS4 libstdc++.so.6 is installed as standard and
5.0.3 only if you add libstdc++-compat for backwards compatibility
with CentOS3 binaries. Could you clarify which OS you are actually
using.

On 8 Jan 2008, at 01:49, Lien Le wrote:

> I recently downloaded FSL to a Linux computer (CentOS4 32-bit)
> because I
> wanted to use the brain extraction tool.
>
> However, when I tried running BET, I get the following error message:
>
> /usr/local/fsl/bin/bet2: error while loading shared libraries:
> libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory.
>
> I went into the "lib" directory to see if I can find this file. I
> installed
> FSL in the following directory: /usr/local/ so I checked the "lib"
> directory
> with this path /usr/local/fsl/lib but I couldn't find this
> particular file.
> Furthermore, I did not find files beginning with "libstdc++.so.x"
> but found
> "libvtkzlib.so.X" instead. However, when I looked in /usr/lib, I
> found files

This is because we don't duplicate system provided libraries.

> beginning with "libstdc++.so." but the highest number was 5.0.3 and
> not 6.
> Does this mean that the Linux machine I'm using is too old or
> incompatible
> with the files that Bet uses? Is there a way to download the
> "libstdc++.so.6" library file?

If, as I suspect, you have an old platform and you don't want to
upgrade, then you'd best download the sources and follow the
instructions for building your own binaries.

--
Cheers, Dave

Dave Flitney, IT Manager
Oxford Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain
E:[log in to unmask] W:+44-1865-222713 F:+44-1865-222717