From: Connie Price
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:51 PM
Subject: Heath Ledger

Dear Colleagues,

I am shocked and grieved about Heath Ledger. Does anybody want to converse about him, either on this conference or one-to-one? I think I need that fellow-feeling and/or conversation, as grieving and closure. Since Brokeback Mtn., I have actually thought about him a lot; Gyllenhal too but especially Heath. I do feel that the future of art has taken a loss, here. One start-off thought: Was he too young to bear the emotional burdens of his ethical approach to accepting roles; i.e. if he'd got callous and meaner first through idol-based stardom, maybe he could have learned to cool down more skillfully.
I'm just sad and empty, about this.

Connie
* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. * Film-Philosophy journal: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] **