**Apologies for cross-posting**

Dear colleagues,

Re: Programmes to Attain Healthy Weights for Overweight/Obese Children and Young People

We are conducting a mapping exercise on behalf of the Cross Governmental Obesity Unit, based in the Department of Health, to identify and describe UK-based programmes targeted at overweight or obese children and young people.  As we want to ensure we get a full and comprehensive picture of activity throughout the UK, we are emailing a number of lists of people who have knowledge of this topic and of service activity in this area.

One of the key issues we are interested in is what evidence was used to inform the development of each programme.

If you know about or are involved with any such programmes, I'd be very grateful if you could complete this short survey, which will take just a few minutes.  Please click on the link below to start the survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=zlM5n5_2f3XUFiZTNeA_2fCqRg_3d_3d

The survey asks about any programmes you know about (past and current), and also about any mapping/scoping exercises you are aware of (similar to this one).  We would also be grateful to receive any documents or web-links about the programmes.

The products of this project will include a database containing details obesity reduction programmes targeting children and young people.

Please contact me if you have any queries about this project, the survey or the information requested.

Many thanks,

Yours sincerely

Catherine Aicken

Research Associate