Dear list members

I would be grateful for your expert opinions on what you consider to be an appropriate list of outcomes for learners of evidence-based medicine (and research). Here is a suggestion sent by a colleague:

“Evidence-based Medicine and Research (key learning outcomes): The ability to practice an enquiry led approach to expanding knowledge by searching for relevant medical literature, by understanding the basic epidemiological and biostatistic(al) concepts to critically appraise the literature and to assess its significance in clinical practice."

I would welcome any positive and negative comments regarding this particular suggestion and would be interested to learn from other course organizers for evidence-based medicine (and research) regarding how they propose to define the learning outcomes for a similar theme.

I place the term 'and research' in brackets, as I am tempted to assume that research is subsumed in the notion of evidence-based medicine, although my organization propose to explicitly use this term in the theme title.

Best wishes

Margaret

Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.