Dear colleagues,

in the 6th Framework Programme the Interdisciplinary Centre for Comparative Research in Social Sciences (ICCR) together with 10 partners across Europe and Israel is organising a survey among researchers in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences. A stratified sample has been drawn from researchers that participate in national or European research programmes. However, we do think that all European scholars should have a voice. The results of this open call for participation will be compared to the controlled sample and will allow for an appropriate weighting from the data obtained.

The aim of the project is to strengthen the position of the SSH in Europe and its Member States and to increase the possibilities of international and interdisciplinary research with partners within and without the EU. For more information please refer to: www.iccr-international.org/ssh-futures <http://www.iccr-international.org/ssh-futures>

The survey is prepared in some languages, albeit not in all existing ones. We apologise for the inconvenience this might cause, however the funding for the project is quite limited. The choice of the languages does not at all mean a ranking of the importance; it rather reflects the composition of the consortium.

To participate in the survey please open the following link:

http://survey.iccr-international.org/index.php?sid=22661&lang=en

The first box allows you to choose between several languages.

The survey covers several topics regarding work and research. We would like to invite you to participate in this survey.

The survey is part of the project SSH-Futures 'What future the Social Sciences and Humanities'. It covers several topics:

- Your social and academic background of the researchers
- Your actual research topics and methods
- The topics and methods you are interested in
- Your opinion regarding various topics: political influence, gender related topics, inter- and transdisciplinarity
- Your general expectations and career planning
- Your working place and working conditions
- Your view on which topics and methods will be important in the future in your view

Completing the survey should not take more than 20 minutes. It is possible to pause in taking the survey whenever you want and resume later on from where you stopped. It will also be possible to download a PDF version of the survey.

We also guarantee the anonymity of the data submitted.

We appreciate your readiness to participate and in return we will make a donation to one of three relief organizations of your choice;

0 Amnesty International,

0 Red Cross, and

0 Médecins sans frontières.

We will donate 1€ for every completed questionnaire.

If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Ronald J Pohoryles

The Interdisciplinary Centre for Comparative Research in the Social Sciences (ICCR)
Schottenfeldgasse 69/1, 1070 Vienna, Austria
Phone: +43.1.524 13 93-112 Fax: +43.1.524 13 93 - 200

ICCR Foundation
91, rue du Fbg St-Honoré; F-75008 Paris, France
Téléphone: +33 (1) 44.71.36.52

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

PROJECT INFORMATION

The project is coordinated by Ronald J. Pohoryles, Chairman and Director of ICCR International and Andreas Schadauer, junior researcher at ICCR. The technical conversion of the questionnaire will be carried out by Johannes Blaas, ICCR Vienna. The questionnaire was designed and translated by the partners of the project.

The partner organisations are:

- The Interdisciplinary Centre for Comparative Research in the Social Sciences (ICCR), Vienna, Austria

- The International Social Science Council (ISSC), France

- Le Centre Interdisciplinare de Recherche Comparative en Sciences Sociales (CIR), Paris, France

- Foundation of European Scientific Cooperation of the Polish Academy of Sciences (FEWN), Poland

- Zeppelin University, Germany

- Zentralarchiv Köln, Germany

- University of Gothenburg, Department of Humanities, Sweden

- Interdisciplinary Center for Technology Analysis & Forecasting (ICTAF), Tel-Aviv, Israel

- United Nations University, Comparative Regional Integration Studies, Belgium

- University of Oxford, James Martin Institute, UK

- Free University Amsterdam, The Netherlands