  Apologies for cross posting

You are invited to attend a targeted professional development event to
explore key issues around establishing effective provision for disabled
staff.

Wadham College, University of Oxford, Wednesday 30 January 2008, 10.30 –3.30

If disabled staff are not your responsibility please forward this email to
the relevant member of staff.

*Benefits of the day*

Update and advice from the Equality Challenge Unit

Input from, and discussion with, the Commission for Disabled Staff

Contributions from practitioners illustrating current HEI developments

A resource on practical strategies to fully include disabled staff

Using a solution oriented approach to* *meet the DED duties to disabled
staff

Share good practice

Opportunities to network

*Who is the event for?*

Those with strategic responsibility for disabled staff issues for instance:

   - Human Resource managers
   - Heads of Equality and Diversity
   - Managers of Disability services
   - Trade Union representatives

It might be appropriate for more than one member of staff from your HEI to
attend. The event is limited to 40 participants to enable a focus on
participant agendas, allow discussion of emerging issues and sharing of
practice.

*Agenda*

Adopting a solution oriented approach to planning provision for disabled
staff

Sharing examples of practice

Input on current developments in HE from practitioners

An update on the work of the Commission for Disabled Staff

Presentation and discussion with the ECU around staff declaration

Developing strategies to encourage declaration by disabled staff

*Location *Wadham College, University of Oxford.  *Cost *£150

Feedback from the last IMPACT Network event held at SOAS:

* ** *

*Great event - I found it really useful and passed on much info to my peers
who couldn't attend. Thanks!  ***

* ** *

*One of the best events I had been to in a very long time. I wish our HR
dept could have made it. ***

* *

As places are limited and we anticipate high demand for this event early
booking is advised to secure your place.

To book a place please complete the attached booking form and return to Tina
at :

Tina Elliott & Carol Wilson
Consultants
IMPACT Associates  &  IMPACT Network
Improving potential and creating targeted solutions
email: [log in to unmask]
tel:     07884 495 125
www.impact-associates.co.uk