From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tony Catt
Sent: 15 January 2008 18:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Speech Recognition in Exams

Good Evening and a Happy New Year,

I would be interested to hear from other HEIs how you have supported students in exams who need to use speech recognition ie: Dragon Naturally Speaking.  Do you:

·    Allow the student to use their own Lap Top computer which has their own Dragon license and is working well with the student – however how do you screen the computer?

·    Or provide them with a “clean” computer which they will need time to train the software up to an acceptable level for sitting an exam – attending training sessions with them so no files find themselves onto the computer etc

Any help will be appreciated , Thank you

Kind regards and best wishes

Mr Tony Catt, BA (Hons), HND, MNADP
Disability Support Officer
University of Chester

Parkgate Road

Chester

CH1 4BJ

E: [log in to unmask]
Monday and Tuesday

@ Warrington located in room WMA010

T: 01925 534286
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

@ Chester located in room CBK102

T: 01244 511008

The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW.