Hello,

I have two questions regarding the assignment process in CCPNMR/Analysis.

1) In my current project I have defined three chains within one
molecular system, each of which is the same polypeptide chain, but in a
different conformation (i.e. different shifts). Would it be possible to
assign a specific cross-peak to a particular amino acid (e.g. Leu-15)
while keeping it uncertain which 'chain' it belongs to? It is often
(initially) easier to assign sections than it is to figure out which
sections belong to which chain (conformation).

2) In terms of assigning those subsections: the 'Link Seq Spin Systems'
dialog seems designed for that purpose, but seems to require specific
solution NMR experiments to be present before it can work. In SSNMR the
backbone assignment approaches give the same information, but they don't
seem to 'work' with this dialog box. The only thing I found was that the
spinsystems dialog box allows one to examine and adjust the existing
sequential segments. Is this the best (or only) way to do this, assuming
one cannot use the Link Seq Spin Systems function? What would be the
best way to go about this, either via that menu or otherwise?

Thanks!
Patrick