Hi,

What size is the protein and what detergent are you using? Depending on the size of the protein and the size of the detergent micelles you might very well concentrate the detergent during the protein concentration. DDM for example is always concentrated if you have a MWCO less than 100kDa. High detergent concentrations are usually not very good for the protein in the long run.

Cheers,
Ronnie