Another point not yet brought up is how do you express ?

things to check:
- different media (LB. TB, auto)
- when do you induce (mid log phase, or end log phase)
- how long do you induce (before reaching stationary phase, going over
night into starvation phase)
- how much IPTG do you add
- MBP purification, despite not being in the manual I noticed higher
recovery rates when not following the protocol and using buffers ~ pH 8.5
- when you run your sizing how concentrated is your sample ?
- do you  have divalent ions in your buffer e.g. Mg or if you have them
around, remove them by addition of EDTA or EGTA
- glycerol in your sample buffer as chemical chaperone ? 10-20% would do
it perhaps.

So I would say, don't throw your construct away, unless you have tried
all the other options first.

Do you have a CD available, you could also check your sample if it's
spaghetti or not.

Good luck,

Juergen

--