We have been quite happy with our crystallization robot from Innovadyne. It transfers from deep well blocks to crystallization plates, and very reliably sets up 200nl + 200nl drops. We have tried smaller drops with decent success, which works better with certain plates. It can be easily programmed, has good support from the company, and has very inexpensive tips. I’ve also used the Cartesian Honeybee extensively, which I found worked well, but required much more work in cleaning and daily maintenance, and did not do the large volume transfers.

Kendall
--
Kendall W. Nettles, PhD
Assistant Professor