Dear All,

I have solved crystal structure of a protein at 1.8 Å resolution using
molecular replacement. Interestingly I could see extra electron density
at the C-terminus end. The extra electron density is like split going in
to two directions.We have checked with MS on protein in solution for
extra residues but we did not find any extra molecular weight.
C-terminal  sequence is  verified  on  the  DNA  level  by  DNA
sequencing. Protein took around 30 days to crystallize, it has PEG 3350
as precipitant, around 0.1 M of NaCl and 0.2 M bis-tris at pH 5.5. Does
any body have idea about these crystallizing agents doing c-terminus
modification? I am attaching a snap shot of the extra electron density.
I would be happy to receive information about reference about main chain
modifications in crystallization process.

Kind regards &

Wish you all a happy and successful new year

Siva