Bernie,

but my chi-squares are always near 1.0, so why would I report it?  How
close they should be to 1 is open to discussion, of course.   The point
is, it is assumed (at least in scalepack) that you adjust your error
model until chi-square~1.  I have never seen a statistics table in a
paper which would report chi-suqares.

I am afraid I may be misinterpreting what you were trying to say - I
apologize if that is the case.

Cheers,

Ed.