Dear All,

I have got large and nice crystals in a condition that contains 40% glycerol, 75 mM DL-Malic Acid pH7.0, and that's it! No precipitant?! No buffer?! I'm so comfused. As far as from the product website, the Malic Acid has no buffering function. I don't know whether it's a precipitant. The protein itself was stored in a buffer contains 20mM Tris pH7.5, 150mM NaCl and 10% glycerol. I'm having difficulties in getting heavy metal bound derivatives. I was wondering whether the Malic Acid interferes heavy metal binding? Does anyone has any success with crystals grow with similar conditions? Any comment and suggestion is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Jinjin Zhang