Post-doc Position for Small Angle X-ray Scattering Research at MAX-lab

Introduction
Small Angle X-ray Scattering (SAXS) is a recently added but quickly
expanding experimental technique at MAX-lab. Presently these measurements
are done on one set-up at the multipurpose beamline I711. The growing
interest among the MAX-lab user community for especially bio or other
solution scattering experiments has proved that the set-up should be further
developed to better host weakly scattering samples. Additional information
on the present set-up at beamline I711 can be found on the following
web-site: http://www.maxlab.lu.se/beamlines/bli711/

The function
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the development
and operation of the SAXS set-up. The candidate is also expected to
collaborate with external users at the beamline. In addition, there is
beamtime available and the candidate is expected to develop their own
independent scientific project.

Qualifications & Experience
The candidate should hold a Ph.D. in chemistry, physics or a related area.
We are looking for a good experimental scientist, with experience of SAXS
techniques preferably at synchrotron radiation sources. The candidate should
also have a strong theoretical understanding of the technique and hands on
experience of the existing software for data evaluation.

Our Offer
The post-doctor position is for a two-year period, and should start latest
June 2008.

Application
In addition to a short application, you should provide us with a detailed CV
and publication list. Deadline for application is March 1, 2008 .

Contact information
Yngve Cerenius, [log in to unmask]
Phonel: +46 46 2220170
Fax: +46 46 2224710