I wholly agree with the below. I am not sure how well E.coli can correctly fold snaky
misfolded/unfolded protein that are chaperoned by folded tags! Not to rule out that tags do it
sometimes...

"Folded by association" for insoluble proteins has often not worked well for me. Sometimes, when it
'works' for me and my colleagues, removal of the tag leads to insoluble protein/aggregation etc.

I am dealing with SUMO tagged proteins that have enhanced solubility but severe degradation issues.

Screening for pH, buffers and all the good-old stuff folks have suggested here is a good approach.

Sometimes autoinduction protocols, which keep from 'overexpression' of protein in the cell might be
an approach to explore after the above tests.

Good luck!
Raji