I must really rush to the defence of middle length poems! Especially middle of the road, middle aged, middle class, middle length poems? Or are you leading me to suppose there are any other poems?

Best, Rupert
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">GILES GOODLAND
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: 20th Century Long Poems

while we're at it, can I say how much I dislike middle length poems?

mairead byrne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
we love poetry yup!

On Jan 6, 2008 9:50 AM, cris cheek <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
here here

On Jan 6, 2008, at 9:02 AM, mairead byrne wrote:

I don't know about the longest but they're nearly all too long.
Mairead

On Jan 6, 2008 3:27 AM, GILES GOODLAND <[log in to unmask] > wrote:
Or maybe this one qualifies?

doh! That's not English!

"Carfagna, Richard" < [log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone would know what would be
considered the longest poem written in English in the 20th century.
Thanks,
Ric