From: p scanlan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 14 January 2008 16:19
To: John Hall
Subject: RE: Concrete poems - visual poems - Nikos Stangos

Dear Writer

Artery Editions (Patricia Scanlan editor) /Popo (Phil Terry editor) are producing an Art book of  the visual love poems written in 1963 by Nikos Stangos (1936-2004). The poems of particular interest are a series of 'photocopied' poems presented on A3 sheets; the originals themselves being 'photocopies'. Some times the poet reverses the image and/or reduces it or reduces it 7 or 8th times across the page, and then marginally manipulates the 'original' each time.  Would you be interested in writing a text on visual poetry of 1960s for the general edition or would you have any leads...

In conjuction with the art books, in the exhibtion You Silently: Image-Object-Text (featuring work from Fiona Banner, Ian Hamilton Finaly, Graham Parker, Richard Wentworth and Sam Winston) I have represented these 60's  works of Nikos Stangos in A0 size different fluorescent coloured sheets as screens and mobiles and they are on show at the University of Essex Gallery, Colchester from today 14 January 2007 until 14 February (Private View: Thursday 17 January 2008, 6-8pm, and Readings and Discussions Wednesday 6 February, 2-6p.m. - all most welcome)
Yours sincerely

Patricia Scanlan
01273 2758123