Or maybe publication is social contact.  If one has a bad--or even just cold--experience publishing, it can stop the impulse to publish, which can stop the impulse to write.
(I mean "publish" in any way poets publish, including just showing the work to someone else).
Mairead

On Jan 27, 2008 10:52 AM, Douglas Clark <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: Love Poems

Douglas:
>"I dont write anymore. I realise that my writers block is
caused by material in my life that I dont know enough about to analyse
properly so it is best left alone."<

This is interesting Douglas. Could you say more. The issue of how analysis, or not, of subjective experience feeds into writing, or not, is, well, interesting.

Tim A.

=

Tim

I have always thought of myself
as a love poet so this is a nice way to finish
things off.

Re love after thirty years I seemed to lose love
ten years ago and now the psychotic vestige has gone
so I am free. So it also means my basic impulse in poetry has gone.

Cheers.