Dear Veronika,
Do you know Maighread Medbh's work?  I read with her, a long time ago now, & she seemed to be working in almost an epic mode, using Irish sources.  As your references accumulate, I'd love if you would share them here.  It's a fascinating subject.  Medb and Granuaile enthralled me, as a very young reader, also many of the other magical women of Irish mythology, though they haven't made it into my poetry.  Yet!  I wrote a play though, produced at the Project Arts Centre in 1982, which had Niamh of the Golden Hair as a central character.  It was called The Golden Hair!  And was kind of a golden hour: directed by David McKenna (now RTE),  music by Donal Lunny & Davy Spillane, lighting by Rupert Murray, costumes & set Gaby Dowling, actors included Mannix Flynn, Olwen Fouere, Donal O'Kelly, Jack Lynch, Robert Byrne, Tony Rudenko.  It was fun!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Mairead