I should mention that Cris Cheek''s reading in NY this week was brilliant as usual, and I scribbled all through it--such solid, elegant work always gets me going.

For the fashion-minded, Chris wore a red kilt with matching Chinese shirt. When I asked him he denied any connection with Clan Scarlet.

Mark