Our Subject librarians want access to all of the modules/courses offered by their school so that they can help the lecturer with Reading Lists management but what we dont really want to do is to enrol them on hundreds of modules/courses.

We tried autoenrol genius from VLEgenius so that they can enrol themselves on modules temporarily when required but it had the effect of slowing down access for that user so that Blackboard was totally unusable. (Has anyone else encountered and fixed this problem?)

Has anyone else managed to set up this kind of access? maybe there is another tool/building block?

I am not so concerned about limiting access just to the one school - we tried playing around with creating a system sole for the librarians but didn't manage to find a setting that would allow them to search for a module and then get into it.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Neil

Neil Penry
Learning and Teaching Manager