From: HE Administrators equal opportunities list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michele Lefevre
Sent: 21 December 2007 10:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: HEEON Events 2008

Dear all

Further to recent enquiries, I am happy to accept email reservations for events if you are concerned about delays in getting funding approved/arranged.

I would like to take this opportunity of wishing you all a very peaceful and enjoyable Christmas break and all the very best for 2008.

Michele

‘Progressing the Gender Agenda’
Monday 28th January, 2008, UUK, Woburn House, London, WC1H 9HQ http://www.woburnhouse.co.uk/location/

In the context of promoting Gender Equality Schemes within the Sector, this Conference has two main aims:
•       To explore the challenges of gaining institutional commitment to gender equality and
•       To offer practical advice about how to effect change and promote good practice on gender and transgender issues at Institutional level.

The keynote speaker for this event will be the Vice Chancellor of Aston University, Professor Julia King.  The presentations will include ones on the ECU’s Transgender publication - Julie Ashdown, ECU; Different Women Different places - Carole Campayne, London South Bank University;  Case study: Anglia Ruskin’s Women’s Networks - Faith Marchall, Anglia Ruskln University and The Athena Swan Programme - Sarah Guise, ECU.

‘Single Equality Schemes: taking a multi-dimensional approach’
Wednesday 2nd & Thursday 3rd July, 2008, Scarman Training and Conference Centre, The University of Warwick, CV4 7AL http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/conferences/aboutus/gettinghere/

This Conference will examine and debate some of the conflicts and challenges this new approach presents and provide examples from within and outside the sector about how to tackle the issues. The Aims of this conference are:
•       To consider the progress HEIs are making with the implementation of an increasingly complex legislative agenda;
•       To identify and explore best practice in the work of Equalities Practitioners and Managers in this process.

'Promoting Good Campus Relations - an Institutional Imperative’
Friday 14th March, 2008 at UUK, Woburn House, 20 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9HZ.  This event is being held in conjunction with the AUA and ECU and is supported by UUK, Unison and UCU. http://www.woburnhouse.co.uk/location/

The keynote speaker for this event will be Professor Colin Reardon, Vice Chancellor, Essex University. The presentations will include:  UUK, Guild HE and ECU Guidelines – Nicola Dandridge, ECU; Promoting Good Relations: a Trade Union Perspective - John Richards, UNISON and Working in Partnership: HEI’s, TU’s and other agencies - Chris Nichols UCU.

The fee for each day is £175 plus VAT.  There is a £50 per day reduction for up to 3 delegates from each corporate member institution.  En-suite on-site accommodation is available for the residential conference for an additional £100 plus VAT.

Booking forms and further details, as they become available, can be found at: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ADMIN-EO.html or http://www.heeon.ac.uk/events/ To reserve a place at any of these events please contact: Michele Lefevre, HEEON Administrator, University of Worcester, Henwick Grove, Worcester  WR2 6AJ, Mobile:  07938 440018, Fax:  01905 855550, E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Michele Lefevre
University of Worcester
163 Woodbury
Henwick Grove