From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Michele Lefevre
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 10:47 AM
Subject: Bookings and reservations for HEEON events

Dear all

Just a reminder that, although we always try and accommodate last minute bookings, it is really helpful if you would book/reserve a place on any HEEON events you are interested in as soon as possible to enable us to accurately estimate numbers and help keep conference costs down.

The events for this year are:

‘Progressing the Gender Agenda’ (Programme below)
Monday 28th January, 2008, UUK, Woburn House, London, WC1H 9HQ (10-4) http://www.woburnhouse.co.uk/location/

'Promoting Good Campus Relations - an Institutional Approach'
Friday 14th March, 2008 at UUK, Woburn House, 20 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9HZ (10-4) http://www.woburnhouse.co.uk/location/
This training day is being held in conjunction with the AUA and ECU and is supported by UUK, Unison and UCU.

‘Single Equality Schemes: taking a multi-dimensional approach’
Wednesday 2nd & Thursday 3rd July, 2008, Scarman Training and Conference Centre, The University of Warwick, CV4 7AL http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/conferences/aboutus/gettinghere/

Please note that if you are interested in attending the residential event, half of the on-site rooms reserved have already been booked.

I hope to see you at one of the events.

Kind regards

Michele

‘Progressing the Gender Agenda’

Monday 28th January, 2008

CONFERENCE PROGRAMME

10.00 - 10.25   Registration and Coffee

10.25 - 10.30   Welcome and introduction to the day, Kate Parsons, Aston University, Chair of HEEON

10.30 – 11.10   Women in Science and Engineering, Professor Julia King, Vice Chancellor, Aston University

11.10 – 11.50   Trans People in HE, Julie Ashdown, ECU

11.50 – 12.10   Coffee & Biscuits

12.10 - 12.50   Case study: Anglia Ruskin’s Women’s Network - Faith Marchal, Anglia Ruskln University

12.50  - 13.00  Noticeboard session

13.00 – 14.00   Lunch

14.00 – 14.40   Different Women Different Places - Carole Campayne

14.40 – 15.45    Workshops

1       The Athena SWAN Charter scheme for women in Science, Engineering and Technology (SET), Sarah Guise, ECU

2       Trans Gender issues for HEIs: Making it work, Richard Brown, Keele University

3       'voices' of BME Women within the context of the Gender Agenda, Victoria Showunmi, VSA Consultancy UK Ltd

15.45-16.00     Feedback and Chair’s closing comments

Michele Lefevre
University of Worcester
163 Woodbury
Henwick Grove