Criteria for membership as sketched out below seems reasonable. It is better to have a broad, inclusive approach such as this so that we can all learn from each other. Sorry I was not able to attend. Has another date been set?
Betsy

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Addiction Course Convenors on behalf of Rowdy Yates
	Sent: Tue 22/01/2008 18:21
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: Membership Criteria

	And one more thing...

	At the meeting in Brighton we had a brief discussion about list membership criteria but there were so few of us that I thought it had better come to the list membership for discussion.  Based on our discussion yesterday and a few thoughts I had since, I'm suggesting the following criteria:

	Members will be academics in HE who offer courses in drugs, alcohol or the addictions generally
	Members may also be those who provide external-examiner services to such courses
	Members may also be those who provide substantial lecture input to such courses

	Members will not normally include those who provide more general/peripheral courses (eg. addiction counselling)
	Members will not normally include course providers or convenors from outside the UK.

	If people can suggest further criteria or alter the existing criteria, I would be most grateful.  We also had a brief discussion about establishing a website to market our courses and we could include the criteria there.  I'm happy to do a temporary one if people want to test the water before committing pennies.  The link below is to the temporary website I set up for our Pathways to Recovery seminar series, to give you an idea of what can be knocked up at fairly short notice:

	http://www.dass.stir.ac.uk/old-site/DRUGS/pathways/index2.html

	Rowdy Yates
	Senior Research Fellow
	Scottish Addiction Studies
	Department of Applied Social Science
	University of Stirling

	E: [log in to unmask]

	T: 01786 - 467737

	W: http://www.dass.stir.ac.uk/sections/showsection.php?id=4 (home)

	W: http://www.drugslibrary.stir.ac.uk/ (library)

	--

	The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA. Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not disclose, copy or deliver this message to anyone and any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.