I said..
>>the Gard 3rd degree is, if anything, like Crowley's Gnostic Mass,
>>certainly nothing like the OTO 3rd degree.<<

Actually, now I think about it, I probably shouldn't say "nothing like" the
OTO 3rd degree, because there are some Freemasonic-derived aspects in there
that they both share. But it gets difficult to discuss these initiations -
even if one is a scholar - when one has taken oaths not to. Perhaps Melissa
Harrington is on this list and prepared to discuss the similarities and
differences between OTO and Gardnerian initiations more explicitly, as I
know she has done so on another list?

~Caroline Tully.