From: "Felicia" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Witchcraft/Nature worship talk.
Midlands, England.

Yes, but a fragment from Leland does not a "corpus" make when the rest
of the Charge of the Goddess is a plagiarism of Aleister Crowley's
Liber XV EGC Mass or, at best "borrowed from", without either
attribution or intent to restore.  Plus, the Gardnerian initiations are
straight out of the OTO's Man of Earth initiations.  So, if I were
going to label "the corpus", I'd say it's decidedly Brit in origin
unless one is discussing Crowley's influences, e.g., Theravada Buddhism
via Bhikkhu Ananda Metteyya (Charles Henry Allan Bennett).

My point being that we should be careful about our choice of words if
this discussion group is to live up to any pretense of academic rigor.

Felicia Swayne-Heidrick