When I worked in Westmead Hospital in New South Wales (2004-'05) the
ambulance crews had the facility to send through an ECG (on suspected
MI patients) to the ED so that it could be reviewed and the cath. lab
team mobilised if indicated.

Some info would come through with the fax (name, age, etc) but the
crews would telephone through as well to discuss the case and give a
history.

Max Hills.