*     CALL FOR PAPERS
*     Workshop on AGENTS IN TRAFFIC AND TRANSPORTATION (ATT)         *
*     @AAMAS 2008
*     May, 12 or 13 - Estoril, Portugal
*     http://ki.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~kluegl/att2008

Building effective and user-friendly  transportation systems is one of
the big challenges for engineers in the 21st century. The rapid change
of location, enabled  by plane, high-speed rail, sea  and road travel,
has constantly become  easier and more natural.  These  days we travel
without any  of the difficulties  that accompanied taking a  trip less
than a century  ago. All we have to  do is to organize and  to pick up
the transport mode  that comes closest to our  objectives. In much the
same way, many  new opportunities for the delivery  of goods are being
explored and commercially exploited.

The purpose of this workshop is to bring researchers and practitioners
together in order to set up visions on how agent technology can be and
is used  for today's isolated IT-tools  so as to  model, simulate, and
manage large-scale complex  transportation systems.  Therefore, we are
interested in research papers, case studies and practitioners' reports
on  the implementation  and  use  of Autonomous  Agents  in all  areas
related  to  transportation, traffic  and  logistics. Besides  running
real-world applications,  we are also interested  in papers concerning
demonstrators or testbed that are still under development.  Conceptual
papers and those reporting  on particular components of transportation
systems are also welcome.

This is the fifth of a series of workshops: 2000 (with selected papers
published by  the journal  **Transportation Research C**),  2001, 2004
(with proceedings published  in a book by Birkhäuser  and selected and
extended  papers  published  in  a special  volume  of  Transportation
Research  C), and  2006.  For  the 2008  we are  starting negotiations
regarding publication of post-proceedings of extended versions.

Relevant topics include (but are not limited to):

* agent-based applications in traffic, transportation, and logistics
* agent-based approaches to modelling driver behaviour
* coordination in multiagent transportation systems
* agent-based simulation of transportation systems
* intelligent peer-to-peer transportation systems
* mobile devices and agents in transportation systems
* collaborative driving
* autonomous driving
* agent-based pedestrian and crowd simulation

Submission Details

Contributions  should  not exceed  ten  pages  in English.  Additional
formatting  information will  be given  in time.  Contributions should
carry the  title, author(s) name(s), and  affiliation including e-mail
address,  and should  include  an abstract.  Electronic submission  is
highly recommended.  Submissions are accepted  as documents in  PDF or
compressed PostScript, only.

Important Dates

Paper submission deadline: January 25th, 2008
Notifications of acceptance/rejection:  February 25th, 2008
Camera-ready copies due: March 3rd, 2008
Workshop Date: May 12 or 13, 2008

Organizing Commitee

Ana L. C. Bazzan, UFRGS (Brazil)
bazzan[at]inf.ufrgs.br

Franziska Kluegl, Universitaet Wuerzburg (Germany)
kluegl[at] informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de

Sascha Ossowski, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Spain)
sascha.ossowski[at]urjc.es

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE WEBSITE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION