-----Original Message-----
From: To exchange information and views on the life and work of Rudyard
Kipling [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of JOHN WALKER
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 5:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Kipling Tobacco Tin

Members may be interested in this email. Deal directly with Mr Knowlton,
please.

The tin has a coloured image, taken from the standard photograph, as
seen at www.malaspina.com/jpg/kipling.jpg

John

John Walker
Honorary Librarian
The Kipling Society

Mr Walker...Found your Email on Google.  I have been trying to get in
touch with someone from the Society about an item I have with Rudyard
Kipling's Picture on it. I know you have members in the Society that
might want this item.   Let me explain. I am a 76 year old collector
of Tobacco Items and Tins. I am selling my collection slowly on Ebay and
have been for the last 8 + years.  In my collection I have a Tin called
"KIPLING CUT PLUG" with his picture on the front Lid. It was produced by
the Harry Weissinger Tobacco Co. of Louisville, K.Y. Inside is the
Unopened Bagged Tobacco and sealed with the Blue Tax Revenue Stamp with
John Quincy Adams Picture on...still unbroken.  The Seal is dated
6/13/1898. On the Lid his picture is surrounded by 2 different types of
leaves one being tobacco.  After 109 years there is two AGE marks on the
Lid but otherwise it is close to being MINT or Near Mint. I will put it
up on Ebay if I don't hear from you.  My reason is that I believe it is
TOO good to sell it to an unknown Advertising Tin collector on Ebay when
maybe someone from the Society would want it as I have had it for almost
50 years. I will try and send you a picture or two for you to see it. I
would appreciate any help you can give me or your fellow Society people.
You can go to Ebay and look up my ID that I am  a bona fide license
seller...my ID is laurelmill and have been for over 8 years.  Some of my
Tins are pictured in Tobacco Price Guides.  Anyway, waiting to hear from
you. Best regards...DICK KNOWLTON...15 Homestead Road...Stratford, New
Jersey  08084...856-783-2223

Circular 230 Disclosure: To ensure compliance with Treasury Department regulations, we inform you that, unless specifically indicated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this message, including any attachments, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

This email message from the law firm of McCarter & English, LLP is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email (or [log in to unmask] ) and destroy all copies of the original message.