From: qual-software [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chris Schmechel
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 3:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Recommendations on Software Packages

Greetings,

I'm planning some upcoming field research.  We will be conducting site visits (1-on-1 observation/interview sessions with people around using a software application).

I'm looking for software packages that might help me during (e.g., interviews, field notes, classification of data, coding segments

,etc.) and after the fieldwork (e.g., content analysis of field notes, coding, etc.).  Any recommendations?  Some of the data we will be collecting include video, photos, screen snapshots/images, text data recorded by the researcher during the 1-on-1 sessions.

Thanks again,

Chris Schmechel