Hello Alan,

I'm puzzled by your comment:
 As educators, do we think of ourselves as
'Responsive Receptacles' and/or as 'Executive Obstacles' as we enter the
'classroom'? How do these perceptions influence our way of being with
students?

I've retired from teaching young people, and now work with PGCE trainees both in their classrooms, and in seminars. I'm also working with two adult watercolourists groups...................

but ............I don't recall feeling a "responsive receptacle", nor do I think  of myself as "executive obstacle".

What prompted you to characterize these two metaphors?

Advent greetings

Brian