Anny,

Since I didn't follow what you wrote initially, I tried to cover all
options with my perhaps pataphysical response.  My good fortune since it
led to the snap which follows as a separate post.

Otherwise, list members, should I risk driving thru WASH DC rush hour
traffic one day after the first snowfall to catch this reading?

December 6 2007, 6:45PM

Poet Laureate Charles Simic introduces a reading by James Tate and Jorie
Graham in the Mumford Room, 6th floor, James Madison Building, Library of
Congress.

I've never heard or seen James Tate and haven't had a chance in at least 30
years.  Charles Simic's connection with Tate goes back perhaps 40 years as
this rare book attests.  Now regret not buying the limited signed at the
time, rather than the trade volume in wraps:

5 Blind Men
Harrison, Jim, Simic, Charles, Quasha, George, Gerber, Dan and Reed, J.D.
Fremont MI: Sumac Press, 1969. Letter T of only 26 copies SIGNED by all
five contributors. A fine copy in green cloth issued without dustwrapper. A
scarce Harrison title. $1500.00

Wish Tate was reading with my old friend George Quasha, or even with Jim
Harrison (whom I've never seen), rather than with Jorie Graham, who failed
to impress and nearly repulsed on first witnessing her at the Library of
Congress a number of years ago.

Barry Alpert