Hi All,

I’m looking for the views of anyone who is involved with NHS PaSA/Medical
Recruitment Agencies.

As an Occupational Health provider dealing with a large number of agencies
we have found it hard dealing with NHS PaSA. I’m interested to learn if
there are others professionals out there who have also experienced the
same difficulties as us.

Over the past years we have asked for many points to be clarified and
these always go un-answered. An example of this is that Candidates used to
be able to refuse a BCG as long as a disclaimed was signed. We were
working to these guidelines then suddenly in March 2007 one of our clients
failed an audit. When we asked PaSA (Verbally) they told us that immunity
had always been required.

The problem is that the audit report stated that this was due to a change
in legislation confirming that it hadn’t always been required. We decided
to write to PaSA to ask for an explanation and we also asked for them to
detail the new requirements. After several months there was no response so
we called the Head Auditor and she again verbally confirmed that immunity
to TB was required and refused to put it in writing.

We have faced the same problem with over issue like Hep B, we used to be
able to allow a candidate to work with levels under 100 miu/ml as long as
we stated on the certificate that a booster was required. Again over night
this was changed and now we are not allowed to issue a fit to work unless
the candidate has levels of 100 miu/ml or more.

I want to see if we are the only company having these issue and I would be
interested to learn of similar problems.

Regards

Robert Carlin
Healthier Business UK Ltd

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS:

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS
http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING EDUCATION
http://www.aohne.org.uk