Dear All,

I know that there may be the usual few members of this list who will get
upset because this is in their in-box and it is not 'Occupational Health".
However, many of us are serving or ex-forces, and even those who are not owe
a debt of honour and gratitude to those who have given "their tomorrows for
our today".

Furthermore, I think even the most cynical individuals who don't agree with
the armed forces must agree with the basic sentiment and rationale of
placing a further Bank Holiday (and particularly such a poignant Bank
Holiday) at this point of the year.  So!! ...please send this email to as
many people as possible...

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/remembermonday/

Number 10 Downing Street has approved a petition that was launched
requesting a new public holiday falling on the Monday after Remembrance
Sunday in November each year.
To be known as the National Remembrance Holiday, it's purpose is threefold:

1. To emphasise the remembrance of those servicemen and women who have
given, and continue to give, their lives for Britain
2. To remind people of the importance of protecting our Nation and what it
stands for
3. To break that 3 month period between the August Public Holiday and
Christmas when there are currently no long weekends, especially as the UK
has fewer public holidays than most European Countries.

If you are in agreement, please sign up to the petition - it only takes a
few moments - and it would be great if you were minded to forward the link
to other people as well.

If you are not interested, just hit the delete key and I'm sorry to have
troubled you.

Regards, Bob

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS:

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS
http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING EDUCATION
http://www.aohne.org.uk